It’s finally here! Opening day is this Saturday, May 29th at 10:00 AM! On behalf of the board of directors, I wish to welcome you and your family to another great season at St. Andrew’s. But first, to ensure we in fact have a great summer, please be advised COVID risks are reduced from last summer but must still be considered in our pool environment. We have been working closely with our pool management company, Guardian Aquatics, to understand the current policies and processes to ensure we are compliant; and most importantly, safe this summer.
At present, and unless otherwise directed by government or health officials, here are some of the things we know and are addressing:
- Our current understanding is the pool’s operational capacity will be no more than 250 people, which is significantly greater than last season.
- Our Swim, Dive, and Tennis team programs are available this season.
- We DO NOT plan to use a reservation system to use the pool this season.
- The age to enter the pool without adult supervision is 12 years old.
- We are not allowing guests opening weekend; however, we do expect to allow guests beginning June 1st, pending a successful and safe opening weekend.
- We have spread the tables out to keep social distancing with some tables in the grassy area. No tables or chairs will be allowed to be moved to different locations.
- The use of face masks when entering, leaving, or moving about the pool area will be per the County guidelines. Currently this means anyone who is fully vaccinated does not need to wear a mask but may do so as they feel necessary. Anyone who is not fully vaccinated will be required to wear a mask when entering or moving about inside the pool area and bathrooms.
- We are working on details for Pavilion and Clubhouse rentals and will send another announcement when those become available.
- Basketball, ping pong and cornhole will be available this year consistent with other COVID guidelines.
- The water fountain and ice machine will be operational for member use.
- As you all know, lifeguards are at the pool for your safety and they are focused on water safety, they are not custodians. We are looking to our member parents and adults to set good examples for our children and ensure they are respectful of the facility and the staff.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the water or around the edge of the pool and absolutely NO GLASS is allowed on the property.
- We are looking to continue the live music on Friday nights, as well as the food trucks. Keep an eye on the pool’s calendar for changes. We hope to phase in normal social events (i.e., parties, movie nights, etc.) as conditions permit.
Our ability to provide and continue to relax COVID safety restrictions this season will enable safe access for all our members. If we remain supportive, cooperative, and take on a sense of responsibility for ourselves and for each other, we will have another great season. We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the club!